IRONMAN........ I on my way to earn this title

This is a Journal to my trials and tribulations of my journey to conquer the 140.6 miles of pain and mental anguish.

So, I plan to journal daily.. if you want to be apart of this journey.. follow by blog.. You will see the up and down days of training for an event.. hopefully it will be something that can inspire you to do something crazy.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Another successful day

So, I came home deciding whether to run or not. I sat on the couch watched alittle tv.. Looked outside.. Thinking shit, I need to get my ass moving..

I had to run a different route today, because there a festival going on in the park I typically run through.. Plus, I felt it good to change it up a little.. Route today had some small hills.. Hills that are just enough to slow you down when tired..  Nonetheless, small obstacles..

I had in mind that I wanted to keep a steady pace so I could focus on breathing and active recovery.. First 2 mile split was 19:37  or so. I was happy with that. My legs felt great, physically I felt awesome..  I want to keep same mind set for 2miles back..

As a side note.. Mosquitos were out in full force.. No sooner than I stopped for some adjustments... Fricking a million of those came outta nowhere and had me as main course..

As im being eaten alive, I went out a little faster than anticipated.. I felt ok, so I went with the pace.. Pace started to effect me later, but that was a chance to slow while running to get HR down and breathing under control.. Worded for the most part..  Still was tough, had to stop for about 20 seconds, to take some big yoga breaths.. After that I was back running.. Time was looking good.. I felt a lot faster on back half.. I had a rhythm.. So back 2 miles time was 19:10... 27seconds faster than first half..

Todays route was .10+ miles longer.. Quiet the confidence booster.. Im happy.. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment