IRONMAN........ I on my way to earn this title

This is a Journal to my trials and tribulations of my journey to conquer the 140.6 miles of pain and mental anguish.

So, I plan to journal daily.. if you want to be apart of this journey.. follow by blog.. You will see the up and down days of training for an event.. hopefully it will be something that can inspire you to do something crazy.

Monday, September 12, 2011

The aches and pains of being an athlete

Well, Ill tell you what.  Its sucks sometimes to be an athlete.. the sucky times are when go through a phase of burn out.. and you come out of it.. you gain unwanted weight, you try to do things to pump you up.. but most of all.. My body aches because its not use to being in the state that its in..  I feel so many little pains and discomforts that I haven't felt before..  Muscles are tighter than normal..  all in all i feel like BLAH..  which is short for i feel like SHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTTT...

Inflammation flare in the achilles kept me from running more last week.. but i did have a decent week, just not the week i wanted.  Hopefully today will be the week i've been looking for.. some good solid training..  I'd love to get a yoga class in this week.

woke up this morning.. decided to go and ride the bike for a little bit.. felt great to turn my legs.  hopefully today ill get a good run in.

So it was the beginning of great run.  Weather was awesome.. I felt really strong and relaxed.. breathing was good but labored but managable..   so around the 2 mile mark shit went down hill. my calf starting getting very tight.. and hurt like fuck.  so i stopped and stretched it out.. took a break. then picked up running again..  calf started tightening again..  i slowed my pace, seem like it hurt worse when i did that.. but i kept going..  then i really started to hurt..  so i walked til pain subsided, started running again.. then i finally had to stop running because it hurt like hell.. went home stretched it out. heat and ice.. and massage..


FFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

No comments:

Post a Comment