IRONMAN........ I on my way to earn this title

This is a Journal to my trials and tribulations of my journey to conquer the 140.6 miles of pain and mental anguish.

So, I plan to journal daily.. if you want to be apart of this journey.. follow by blog.. You will see the up and down days of training for an event.. hopefully it will be something that can inspire you to do something crazy.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

On the Mend

I took Tuesday off because of my calf pain.. I massaged, iced and stretched my every opportunity I had from mon thru today..  My calf is definiently feeling a lot better..

Yesterday i swam and biked..

The swim was tough.. but i was determined to do a 1000m.. so with resting it took about 35 mins..  i did 3 x 200s.. the last one was really tough.. 4 x 50s.. shoulders were smoked at this point.. 8 x 25.. with 10 sec breaks inbetween.. the 25s weren't that bad.

So after the pool i decided to get on a spin bike for a half hour. I wanted to test my calf out to see what kinda load i could put on it..  Actual pedaling didnt cause any pain, i added tension after i felt legs were loose enough..  had enough tension to stand.. I felt pain about the 4 'o clock position on the pedal stroke, and it went away after that point...  So, it only hurt at that position.. which makes since.. i only felt running when my foot engaged my calf at the same point..  hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Im gonna try a short run today, maybe a 2 miler or so.  try to test things out. if it feels ok, Ill run again on fri. maybe add some distance. hopefully by sun i can get back on course with training..

No comments:

Post a Comment