IRONMAN........ I on my way to earn this title

This is a Journal to my trials and tribulations of my journey to conquer the 140.6 miles of pain and mental anguish.

So, I plan to journal daily.. if you want to be apart of this journey.. follow by blog.. You will see the up and down days of training for an event.. hopefully it will be something that can inspire you to do something crazy.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Last couple days

Wednesday was a great workout.. Great ride.  I got to course a little earlier than expected.  So I decided to race the clock.  I wanted to do one loop on the course before another rider showed up... I was windy as hell out too..  So the elements were against me in my venture to have a high speed run...  So i grunted it out..  First 6 miles were great.. breathing was good, shoulders were relaxed.. My speed showed it..  avg was around 20.1 mph.. i was stoked so i turned it up even more.. But, there's always a but. A guy had caught up with me.  We chatted for about a mile or so.. slowed the average some.. gave him some time to recover..  We got into some crosswinds.. they were tough..  so, we worked together to get though it.. the pace average went back up and so did my HR.. i sustained 183 bpm for the last few miles.. hammering the pedals in a head wind.. we got to the end..average was high.. 21.5.. we were cranking along at 24ish for last mile and a half..  21 mins one way.  We started the trek back to start point.. we separated.. i darted.. i had a decent tailwind for a little while.. my quads were on fire... holy shit was all i could say..  then i said shit, i have to do this again.. damn.. 10 mile mark i saw that i was making good time.. i hammered even harder.. i dont know where i was on the course.. i saw 44 mins,  i glanced up and saw i was near the end.. i let go..  7 mins later i was done..  i was feeling great.. leg felt like i pounded them.. not much recovery though.. other people showed up with in 5 mins of my return...  DAMN IT.. So back out again.. Second lap we had to been the sunset.. it was 58 mins to complete second loop.  Man my quads were really smoked...

slow loop
http://www.trainingpeaks.com/sw/AEXH72HE5TRC33P7FALTRXCKF4
Fast loop
http://www.trainingpeaks.com/sw/XVO5EZKCFIZ3NAP7R7C3ROOPNI

Todays run was good..  temp was great.. i set out to do 4 miles... I was worried my legs wouldnt be able to handle it.. but i very surprised.. legs felt great.. lil tired but not enough to hinder my run.. I tried keeping my HR in check.. for the most i did..  My recovery is a lot fast these days.. which is good.  show that fitness is coming back.. im pretty excited about this..  on way back in.. i was still feeling pretty good.. so i decided to keep going.. i added a mile an a half.. i hit the 5 mile mark.. still feeling good.. HR is was hoovering at 166..  so i picked up the pace.. and just blew it out.. 

great week..
http://www.trainingpeaks.com/sw/N4IC2BNP74GFAWF4UXJR5CDNBA

No comments:

Post a Comment