IRONMAN........ I on my way to earn this title

This is a Journal to my trials and tribulations of my journey to conquer the 140.6 miles of pain and mental anguish.

So, I plan to journal daily.. if you want to be apart of this journey.. follow by blog.. You will see the up and down days of training for an event.. hopefully it will be something that can inspire you to do something crazy.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

BIKE and run

The bike yesterday was pure torture.  We were out the haulin ass...  the first two miles we were at 23 mph.. i was thinking there's no way i will be able to sustain this the entire ride of 20-25 miles.  so we began to pace line.. speeds crept up a little high.  then it was my turn... minor tail wind.. but so i opened it up.. held around 25 for about two miles or so.. then we turned, i stepped off lead, they then turned up the gas.. i lost contact... i was doing over 20 to try to catch them no luck.. so i just continued to hammer the pedals until the stop sign..  so we link up again this was the torture part but, i gave it what i had..  but to the ultimate sprint zone..  shane was pulling.. i saw him shifting as he settled in.. i was thinking oh shit.. then all of a sudden we were at 27+ mph..  my HR was around 182 at the time.  i kept hammer the pedals though.. i wasnt gonna stop..   needless to say, it was a great ride.. i felt really good.. quads were on fire but i was good..

Decided to do a 2 mile run when i got back to my car.. to kinda flush out the legs.  shane joined me..i was really tight in the lower leg region.. i noticed my HR was up and not coming down.. I guess because im not adjusted to the warm temps yet..  so eveything it got passed 165, i walked it down to 145-150, then started running again.


great workout yesterday...

http://www.trainingpeaks.com/sw/S6ZHJVUI3SSRGPQO77HIKACIKY

No comments:

Post a Comment