IRONMAN........ I on my way to earn this title

This is a Journal to my trials and tribulations of my journey to conquer the 140.6 miles of pain and mental anguish.

So, I plan to journal daily.. if you want to be apart of this journey.. follow by blog.. You will see the up and down days of training for an event.. hopefully it will be something that can inspire you to do something crazy.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Saturdays ride

Saturdays was one of many challenges.  So i meet a friend from tri group to knock out a 30 plus mile ride..  So, i go to meet him, i slowed on my bike, and my foot didnt come unclipped.. I was like oh shit, im going to bust my ass..  So i scramble to unclip.. Finally my feet come out.. So we (mat and i), talk for a bit, then decide to take off.  So i try clipping in left foot.. Damn, its broke.. Now what do i do.. I drove to get a ride in.. So fuck it im going.. I had enough cleat to stabilize my foot on pedal..

So we are off on this trek torture.  It felt good.. I was crusing, gradually gaining speed.. Matt passes me, we steady at about 20 mph..  Lets were feeling pretty good. So im hold in his.. His speeds were up and down.. So i passed him so i could pull some.. Then i looked down saw that i was going 22.. I backed off.. He caught up. We cruised..  Legs were feeling really good.. I was very surprised.  HR hung around 150 or so.. We turn on Balahack.. Holy shit, the headwind was killer..  This was bad for me. I couldnt drive me legs.. Everytime i pushed my left leg down. Foot slipped off pedal and bike turned right (towards a deep ditch)..  So i had to gear up to gain cadence speed then back down to get some bike speed. 

Started to feel some aches in my leg.. Only the left.. So told matt all i had was trip back to car.. Headwinds and broken cleat made it rough.

So 22.25 miles later.. 1hr 15mins.  Not bad for one legs..

Great ride, felt good. Breathing was stellar.  Overall conditioning wasnt to bad.. Shocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment