IRONMAN........ I on my way to earn this title

This is a Journal to my trials and tribulations of my journey to conquer the 140.6 miles of pain and mental anguish.

So, I plan to journal daily.. if you want to be apart of this journey.. follow by blog.. You will see the up and down days of training for an event.. hopefully it will be something that can inspire you to do something crazy.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Great day

I had a great workout today.  It was a swim and a bike today..

Swim workout was really tough..  400m warm up, 8 x 100s main set, 150 cool down..  My main goal was to finish it.. i didn't care how long it took..  workout took about 45 mins..  im ok with that.

so the warmup.. felt good, shoulders were on fire about 250m mark..  breathing and pace was comfortable.  some where, i started speeding up.. i guess its a mental thing..  finished the warmup..  Started the Main set...
Now, my plan was to relax and concentrate on stroke and pulling while maintaining a decent pace. 

So, i get through first 4.. i was breathing like i just ran the sprint of my life..  I was like shit.. HR was up and it took about 30sec between each to get myself together..  The last 4, felt a lot easier.. i guess i had settled into the workout..  breathing was easier.. and i recovered a little faster.

cool down, was the easiest of all..  150m.. 6 x 25m...  10 secs between each..

after the pool.. when to get on a spin bike for 20 mins..   i was suppose to do 45 mins, but im suppose to ride outside tomorrow. so i wanted to save my legs.  i did some single leg drills on 30.. some 20s sprints on 50. 

pretty stoked about outside ride tomorrow... whooooo hoooooooo


No comments:

Post a Comment