IRONMAN........ I on my way to earn this title

This is a Journal to my trials and tribulations of my journey to conquer the 140.6 miles of pain and mental anguish.

So, I plan to journal daily.. if you want to be apart of this journey.. follow by blog.. You will see the up and down days of training for an event.. hopefully it will be something that can inspire you to do something crazy.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Great month so far..

Today, my leg were tortured.. I did a 40 miler, with some training buddies..   Sucks because it started with a blowout at mile 3..  So my buddies with, brought a new wheel to me.. Sweet, back riding..  Different cog, than i was use to.. I typically ride an 11-23, switched to 12-25..  I struggled to find my comfy gear..  None the less, i got it done.  The idea was to keep pace around 21+..  My legs were cooking. Legs spinning faster that normal..  This cog came in handy with climbs that came later in ride..   I got my ass handed to me.. At one point, my legs were so tired, i couldnt get over 19mph..   Starting taking down the added nutrition, and popped a stringer. Started feeling better.. Got back on the prowl.. Speed was over 21+ .. Feeling great only to have my bubble burst.. At mile 36.  This mammouth of a bridge.. So i get psyched to climb this beast.. I shift to a higher gear.. Then im dance on the pedals.. Thinking i got this and i was moving at a decent pace.. I looked down.. I was only going 12.9mph.. What a deflating moment.. But i kept hammering..  Finally the apex.. All down hill.. 30+ on downhill.. Felt great..

I have been on my bike alot this month so far.. 135miles so far. Rides are getting longer.. I can see being at 1000 miles by august, if not before....

No comments:

Post a Comment